Each species has a dedicated page on which you can find all sorts of information, in particular:
- a short presentation text to find out more about this species;
- this species' characteristics on HamsterStory;
- the standard capacity that rodents of this species have;
- coats available for this species;
- the best breeders of this species;
- the best breedings for this species;
- statistics about rodents of this species;
- some rodents of this species: the best rodents in terms of capacity, level, those that have received a progress star, those that are for sale...
A species' page also contains different community elements, in particular:
- players who like this species;
- groups that are talking about this species;
- discussions about this species on the forums.
The comparison between the capacity of the best rodents of a certain species and the species' standard capacity allows you to measure its progress: the wider the gap, the more advanced this species is in the game.
Some very wide progress gaps can exist between species, especially depending on the number of breeders who have rodents and breedings of this species.
Always show this help
The golden hamster is the most popular type of hamster pet in the world, due to their small size and curious nature! Golden hamsters were discovere in Syria in the late 19th century. But their numbers have dwindled a lot in the wild and this rodent species relies on captive breeding programs to survive.
Golden hamsters are inquisitive little pets with a lot of energy and they need a very big cage to run around in! They also like to store food in their extendable cheek pouches and are active mostly at night.